Friday, May 16, 2008

WILL THE REAL SLIM SHADY PLEASE STAND UP??

Lets talk hoops people. In watching these NBA playoffs many interesting things have sprung to mind and left me pondering with great intensity: is this actually a competitive second round in the NBA? Will anyone win on the road? Could the NBA actually be as exciting as hockey? And most intriguing, is anyone going to stand up and take over these playoffs? Who is this year's Mac Daddy?

We have heard about the 'King' in Lebron and are aware of Kobe's MVP season and Paul's rookie heroics, but after many years of waiting I am still left wondering if I will ever see another player like Michael Jordan play and own the playoffs like he was so accustomed to doing? Yes I have seen some great performances but nothing consistent and dramatic as that I was accustomed to when MJ was gracing us in the not so distant past. Although I love the NBA and buy into "teams and defence still win championships", I only ask one more thing: "Will the real slim shady please stand up"???

MJ, you are still the greatest and your legacy is safe and intact!

No comments: